through 2 quarters
The Memphis Grizzlies are on the road but don’t seem more uncomfortable. They are way ahead at halftime with a 51-39 lead over the Dallas Mavericks.
Memphis relied on little forward Desmond Bane, who has 13 points and two assists in addition to five tips, and point guard Tyus Jones, who has eight points and three assists as well as four rebounds and two steals. One thing to watch out for is the deplorable situation of Dillon Brooks, who currently has three.
Dallas relied on the performance of little forward Dorian Finney-Smith, who has nine points and two assists as well as five rebounds and two steals. Finney-Smith also committed three faults.
Memphis @ Dallas
Current records: Memphis 12-10; Dallas 11-10
What there is to know
The Memphis Grizzlies and Dallas Mavericks face off in a Southwest Division showdown at 8:30 p.m. ET on December 4 at the American Airlines Center. Memphis will strut after a win while Dallas will stumble after a loss.
A well-rounded offense led the Grizz against the Oklahoma City Thunder each quarter en route to victory last Thursday. The Grizzlies hurt Oklahoma City at home at 152-79. With Memphis ahead 72-36 at halftime, the fight was already almost over. Memphis forward Jaren Jackson Jr. was one of the team’s most active players, shooting 6-7 from downtown and finishing with 27 points.
Meanwhile, the game between Dallas and the New Orleans Pelicans last Friday wasn’t a total blowout, but with the Mavericks falling 107-91 at home, it was poised to become one. Dallas’ top scorer was playmaker Luka Doncic (21 points).
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Grizzlies should win a close game last Saturday. They are currently three-on-three ATS from their most recent games, a trend punters might want to consider.
The Grizz is now 12-10 while Dallas is 11-10. A pair of numbers to keep in mind before kick-off: Memphis comes into the game with the league’s second-most steals per game at 9.73. But the Mavericks rank first in the league in abandoned interceptions per game, averaging just 6.3. Ball control might end up being a major factor in this one.
How to watch
- When: Saturday at 8:30 p.m. ET
- Or: American Airlines Center – Dallas, Texas
- TV: Bally Sports South East Memphis
- Online broadcast: fuboTV (Try free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- To follow: CBS Sports app
- Cost of the ticket: $ 25.00
The Grizzlies are a slight 1.5 point favorite against the Mavericks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has changed a lot since it opened, as it started with the Mavericks as a 5.5 point favorite.
Over / Under: -110
See the NBA’s picks for each game, including this one, of SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get choices now.
History of the series
Dallas have won 13 of their last 22 games against Memphis.
- May 11, 2021 – Memphis 133 vs. Dallas 104
- April 14, 2021 – Dallas 114 vs. Memphis 113
- February 22, 2021 – Dallas 102 vs. Memphis 92
- March 06, 2020 – Dallas 121 v Memphis 96
- February 05, 2020 – Memphis 121 vs. Dallas 107
- November 09, 2019 – Dallas 138 v Memphis 122
- April 07, 2019 – Dallas 129 vs. Memphis 127
- April 05, 2019 – Memphis 122 vs. Dallas 112
- March 02, 2019 – Memphis 111 vs. Dallas 81
- November 19, 2018 – Memphis 98 v Dallas 88
- March 10, 2018 – Dallas 114 vs. Memphis 80
- November 22, 2017 – Dallas 95 vs. Memphis 94
- October 26, 2017 – Memphis 96 vs. Dallas 91
- October 25, 2017 – Dallas 103 vs. Memphis 94
- April 12, 2017 – Dallas 100 vs. Memphis 93
- March 31, 2017 – Memphis 99 v Dallas 90
- March 03, 2017 – Dallas 104 vs. Memphis 100
- November 18, 2016 – Memphis 80 vs. Dallas 64
- April 08, 2016 – Dallas 103 v Memphis 93
- February 06, 2016 – Dallas 114 vs. Memphis 110
- December 18, 2015 – Dallas 97 vs. Memphis 88
- November 24, 2015 – Memphis 110 v Dallas 96
Dallas injury report
- Willie Cauley-Stein: absent (personal)
- Kristaps Porzingis: Out (knee)
- Luka Doncic: absent (ankle)
Injury report for Memphis
- Kyle Anderson: Released (Return)
- Brandon Clarke: Out (knee)
- Sam Merrill: outside (ankle)
- Ziaire Williams: Out (knee)
- Ja Morant: outside (knee)